Old Fort Myers Real Estate
Anchored by the historic winter estates of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford, Old Fort Myers offers the stately elegance of McGregor Boulevard and the charm of several early 20th century eclectic neighborhoods. Venerable Old Fort Myers neighborhoods, established during the days of Edison, Ford and Firestone include: Allen Park; Burtwood; Edison Park; Riverside Park; Seminole Park and Valencia Terrace. These neighborhoods offer an interesting mix of Mediterranean Revival architecture and provide a glimpse into the 1920s Fort Myers boom era.
Another Old Fort Myers anchor, located on McGregor Boulevard, is the Fort Myers Country Club. The "Fort" was designed in 1916 by famed architect Donald Ross and is one of the oldest country clubs in Southwest Florida. All the restaurants, shopping and entertainment of the Fort Myers River District are just minutes away from the Old Fort Myers neighborhoods.
The rough boundaries of Old Fort Myers are neighborhoods just off McGregor Boulevard to the East, the Caloosahatchee River to the West, the River District and Virginia Avenue to the North and Winkler Avenue to the South.